Контрольная работа 2 четверть 8 класс (Биболетова М.З.)
Тест №2 (8 класс)
Тема: The World’s Best Friend Is You
Цели и задачи: проконтролировать навыки аудирования (с целью извлечения нужной информации) и чтения (поискового и с полным пониманием прочитанного), усвоение лексики раздела, грамматические навыки (словообразования и использования артиклей, употребления условных предложений II и III типа).
I. Прослушайте интервью с Доном и Рори о зоопарках. Впишите в пропуски, кому из них нравятся зоопарки, а кому нет. Затем прослушайте еще раз и запишите четыре довода, которые приводит каждый из них. Первый уже написан.
Dawn _____________________ zoos.
1. people can see some fantastic animals.
Rory _____________________ zoos.
II. Прочитайте предложения и запишите буквенно-цифровой индекс подходящих по смыслу слов, данных в рамке.
a) pollution b) rubbish c) cans d) environment e) packaging f) protect g) is thrown h) in danger i) prohibited j) pollute k) bins l) cleaning up
People get a lot of food from the sea. But we have made the sea a very dirty place. If we are not careful, 1______ will kill many of the animals and plants in the sea.
A lot of rubbish 2______ into the sea. Sea animals, fish and birds are 3______ . Some animals try to eat the 4 _______ , they die.
Oil (нефть) from big ships, chemicals and waste 5_________ the sea and kill whales and dolphins, fish and birds.
Luckily many people realize now that we must look after the sea and 6_______ it. They say polluting the sea should be strictly 7_______ . Groups of people who care about the 8____ spend their free time 9______ litter from the beaches. People collect 10____, bottles and 11______ and put them into different 12_____ for further recycling.
III. Образуйте и запишите подходящее по смыслу слово от основы, записанной заглавными буквами.
… is one of the most serious and crucial world’s problems of our day.
The young woman didn’t know where to look for … .
Some of the first … organizations in the world started in Britain.
It was a very … journey.
When the young people first came to Ireland, they weren’t … to cold weather.
Smoking is strictly … in the office.
IV. Впишите определенный артикль the, если это необходимо по смыслу.
The official name of the country is …. United Kingdom of …. Great Britain and … Northern Ireland. The country is situated in … British Isles. The two main islands are …Great Britain (in which are … England, Wales and Scotland) and … Ireland. …United Kingdom is not far from … Europe.
…UK is washed by … Atlantic Ocean in the east and by … North Sea in the west. The highest mountains are in …Scotland and … Wales; … Ben Nevis (1,343 metres) and … Snowdon (1,085 metres). The longest rivers are … Severn (345 kilometres) and … River Thames (346 kilometres).
…UK is one of the world’s smallest countries (it is half the size of … France or … Spain).
The largest cities of … Great Britain are … London, … Birmingham and … Glasgow.
V. Прочитайте текст Dead Sea in Danger и выберите правильный вариант ответа на следующие вопросы, запишите их буквенно-цифровой индекс.
Dead Sea in Danger
The Dead Sea, the saltiest body of water of the Earth and a wonderful natural treasure, is becoming smaller and smaller because of decisions by people to use part of its waters.
The Dead Sea is located at the lowest point of the Earth, almost 400 metres below sea level. It is 50 kilomitres long. Just 40 years ago it stretched 80 kilometres in length.
One of the main reasons for the sea’s shrinking (уменьшение) is lack of water. 90% of the water that flow from the Jordan River, which traditionally goes into the Dead Sea, is taken for drinking and agriculture in Israel and Jordan.
Besides, local industry adds to the Dead Sea’s problems. They use the water for getting necessary minerals. It’s a real disaster for the Sea.
Now hundreds of thousands of tourists come to the Dead Sea every year. Its water is so salty that a man can read a newspaper comfortably while lying on his back on the water. The water contains a lot of sulphur (сера), and the thick black mud (жидкая грязь) that is found at the sea’s beach is very useful for people with skin diseases. Tourists treat their bodies with the black mud, but they don’t think about the Dead Sea’s troubles.
It can be saved – but time is running out.
1. Where is the Dead Sea located?
- a) At the highest point of the Earth
- b) At the hottest place of the Earth
- c) At the lowest point of the Earth
- d) At the coldest place of the Earth
2. How long is the Dead Sea now?
- a) 400 metres
- b) 50 kilometres
- c) 80 kilometres
- d) 40 kilometres
3. What are two main reasons for taking off part of the Dead Sea’s water?
- a) Thousands of tourists come to the Sea to treat their diseases; the Dead Sea’s water is used by local industry.
- b) People take water from the Jordan River for their needs; they use the Dead Sea’s water for getting necessary minerals.
- c) Local industry uses its back mud; people take the Sea’s water for agriculture and drinking.
- d) 90 % of the Jordan waters is taken for drinking and agriculture in Israel and Jordan; thousands of tourists come to the Sea for treating.
VI. Прочитайте текст еще раз и напишите краткие ответы на следующие вопросы.
1. Find and write down the sentence that says why the Dead Sea is in danger.
2. Why does the text finish with the words: It can be saved – but time is running out? Explain your answer.
VII. Дополните предложения, используя Conditional II или Conditional III.
- If people _________________ (take) bottles, newspapers and cans to special bins, they could be recycled.
- If I ____________ you, I would join Green peace.
- If we didn’t pollute our seas, they ____________________ (be) full of fish.
- If I were you, I _______________ ____________(continue) the exploration.
- If you had read these books, you _________________ (know) more about this environmental problem.
- If we had protected the environment seriously, our planet _____________ (be) out of danger.
- If people _____________ (avoid) damaging nature, many species of animals wouldn’t have disappeared.
- If she _________________ (hear) the conversation, she wouldn’t have come there.
VIII. Выберите правильный перевод предложений.
1. If you took the medicine, you would feel better.
- a) Если бы вы приняли лекарство, то чувствовали бы себя лучше (сейчас).
- b) Если вы будете принимать лекарство, то почувствуете себя лучше.
- c) Если бы вы принимали лекарство, то вы чувствовали бы себя лучше (тогда).
2. If people have thought about their future, they wouldn’t have cut down forests.
- a) Если люди будут думать о своем будущем, то они не будут вырубать леса.
- b) Если бы люди подумали о своем будущем, то они не вырубали бы сейчас леса.
- с) Если бы люди думали о своем будущем, то они не вырубили бы леса.
Текст для контроля навыков аудирования (Книга для учителя с. 30-31)
INTERVIEWER: Tell me, Dawn, have you ever visited a zoo?
DAWN: Yes, I have, I thought it was great fun and we had an amazing day out. People can see lots of fantastic animals in zoos.
INTERVIEWER: Do you think we should still have zoos?
DAWN: Well, yes, I do. I think they are very important because people can see rare animals in them.
INTERVIEWER: Do you have any other reasons?
DAWN: Yes, zoos can help animals that are dying out; as they can breed the animals in captivity and then release them back into their natural habitats. In the wild, some of these animals would just die out.
INTERVIEWER: Anything else?
DAWN: Hmm. Yes. Zoos are educational, too. People get the chance to see the animals and watch their behaviour.
DAWN: I think zoos are a fun day out for all the family!
INTERVIEWER: What about you, Rory?
RORY: Well, I agree with Dawn that zoos re fun for people. But personally, I don’t think They are much fun for the animals.
INTERVIEWER: So, you don’t think that zoos are a good idea?
RORY: No, I do not! I think we should abolish zoos. Animals are often kept in cages which are far too small for them. I feel sure that the animals are bored and don’t live natural lives.
INTERVIEWER: Are there any other things you don’t like about them?
RORY: Yes. Some animals don’t breed in captivity, take pandas for example! So I think the idea of breeding programmes is silly. If you ask me, zoos are just for making money!
INTERVIEWER: But zoos are educational, aren’t they?
RORY: I disagree with that idea. You see, the animals are not in their natural habitats, and so are not behaving naturally! You can see the animals, but in my view, I don’t think you can learn much about them. TV documentaries teach us more about animal behaviour.
INTERVIEWER: Thank you, Rory.
Ключи к тесту № 2 (8 класс)
Dawn likes zoos.
- 1. people can see some fantastic animals.
- 2._zoos can help endangered animals
- 3._zoos are educational
- 4._zoos are a fun day out
Rory doesn’t like zoos.
- 1. _cages are too small for animals
- 2. _animals are bored
- 3._the idea of breeding programmes is silly
- 4._zoos are just making money
II. 1a, 2g, 3h, 4b, 5j, 6f, 7i, 8d, 9l, 10c, 11e, 12k
III. 1. pollution 2. protection 3. environmental 4. dangerous 5. used 6. prohibited
The official name of the country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The country is situated in the British Isles. The two main islands are Great Britain (in which are England, Wales and Scotland) and Ireland. The United Kingdom is not far from Europe.
The UK is washed by the Atlantic Ocean in the east and by the North Sea in the west. The highest mountains are in Scotland and Wales; Ben Nevis (1,343 metres) and Snowdon (1,085 metres). The longest rivers are the Severn (345 kilometres) and the River Thames (346 kilometres).
The UK is one of the world’s smallest countries (it is half the size of France or Spain).
The largest cities of Great Britain are London, Birmingham and Glasgow.
V. 1c, 2b, 3b
1. The Dead Sea, the saltiest body of water of the Earth and a wonderful natural treasure, is becoming smaller and smaller because of human decisions to take off part of its water.
2. The text is finished with these words because this unique sea will soon disappear if people don’t stop removing its water.
1. took 2. were 3. would be 4. would continue 5. would have known 6. would have been 7. had avoided 8. had heard